- Passengers travelling for tourism purposes must hold confirmation of booked accommodation at a Gold Standard hotel and present confirmation on arrival.
- This does not apply to nationals and residents of Belize.
- Definition of Fully Vaccinated: Vaccination is not required for travel but if you are fully vaccinated you may face less travel restrictions. Passengers are considered fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if they hold a digital or hard copy of a Covid-19 vaccination certificate issued and stamped by the relevant health authority of any country showing that they have received the required doses of an approved vaccine, not including any boosters.
- Accepted vaccines:
- Johnson and Johnson (1 dose);
- AstraZeneca (Covishield, SK Bioscience, Vaxzevria) (2 doses);
- Medigen (2 doses);
- Moderna (2 doses);
- Pfizer-BioNTech (2 doses);
- Sinopharm (2 doses); and
- Sinovac (2 doses).
- Passengers must apply for and purchase Belize Travel Health Insurance prior to travel. They may hold their generated electronic certificate in digital or hard copy.
- This does not apply to the following passengers:
- Passengers with QRP (Qualified Retirement Program) or Long Stay status;
- Foreign homeowners;
- Military personnel;
- Peace Corps;
- Passengers in Belize for less than 24 hours; or
- Flight crews.
- Unvaccinated passengers: Passengers aged 5 years and older are advised to hold either a negative PCR result obtained within 72 hours of arrival or a negative antigen rapid test obtained within 48 hours of arrival. Passengers not holding a negative test result will be subject to a test on arrival in Belize.
- Vaccinated passengers: Test is not required for passengers who hold proof that they are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Quarantine and testing on arrival
- Unvaccinated passengers: Passengers aged 5 years and older will be subject to a Covid-19 test on arrival at their own expense of $50 (USD). If a positive result is received, the passenger must quarantine at their own expense.
- Vaccinated passengers: Test and quarantine is not required for passengers who hold proof that they are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.