- Passengers must hold travel insurance covering Covid-19 medical expenses, medical repatriation, and quarantine accommodation costs.
- This does not apply to nationals and residents of the British Virgin Islands.
- Unvaccinated passengers: Passengers must register on the BVI Gateway portal here, between 48 and 24 hours prior to departure at their own expense, and must present the completed BVI Gateway Traveller Authorisation Certificate at check-in.
- Vaccinated passengers: Registration is not required for passengers who hold proof that they were fully vaccinated with a Covid-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) at least 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- Other exempt passengers: Passengers travelling to or from the United States Virgin Islands as part of the BVI-USVI Vaccination Bubble Initiative (including passengers accompanying minors aged 17 years and younger travelling to receive a vaccine).
- Unvaccinated passengers: Passengers must hold a negative RT-PCR test obtained between 3 to 5 days prior to arrival. Only nasopharyngeal RT-PCR tests are accepted for passengers aged 5 years and older.
- Vaccinated passengers: Passengers who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 must either hold a negative RT-PCR or rapid antigen test obtained within 48 hours prior to arrival. This also applies to minors aged 17 years and younger travelling with a fully vaccinated parent or guardian. If the test is older than 48 hours, passengers must register at Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport (EIS) and take a Rapid Antigen Test on arrival at their own cost via the Hummingbird portal.
- Passengers who will stay less than 24 hours in the British Virgin Islands must be fully vaccinated and must either hold a negative RT-PCR or rapid antigen test result obtained within 24 to 48 hours prior to arrival.
Quarantine and testing on arrival
- Unvaccinated passengers: Passengers will be subject to a Covid-19 test on arrival. If the test result is positive, passengers must quarantine for 5 days at an approved property, or they may leave the British Virgin Islands if approved for medical repatriation. Unvaccinated passengers aged 17 years and younger travelling without parents/guardians must quarantine on arrival together with the parent/guardian who receives them.
- Vaccinated passengers: Test and quarantine is not required for passengers who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 with the final dose of the vaccine administered at least 14 days prior to arrival and who hold a negative RT-PCR or rapid antigen test result obtained 48 hours prior to arrival.