Passengers travelling to Ghana must additionally:
• undergo a COVID test 72hrs before departure
• complete additional health declaration forms
• undergo a further COVID test on arrival.
The only exemption to the need to provide a pre arrival test is if you are returning to Ghana within one week of leaving.
Passengers travelling to Ghana are now required to:
1. Take a Polymerise Chain Reaction (PCR) COVID test with one of the listed providers within 72 hours of departure. There is a certified list of providers on https://africacdc.org/trusted-travel/ but Port Health staff will check only the type of test taken on arrival.
2. Create an account at https://trustedtravel.panabios.org/ with the same email address and mobile telephone number you give your PCR test provider. Log on and select check-in; select UK and Ghana as your departure and destination countries; select lab tests (TT); select the matching lab test from the drop down options; click save; provide your flight and passport details as requested; click save to generate a Travel Code (TC); your TC code is then generated for you to copy or download
3. If your provider is unable to upload your test certificate on your behalf you should enter your TT or BIOMARS code from your PCR certificate, or upload the certificate yourself. You can do that by selecting at any other lab instead of lab tests (TT)
4. We also recommend travelling with hard copy proof of this negative Polymerise Chain Reaction (PCR) COVID-19 test result
Children under the age of 5 are exempt from needing a pre-departure test. For passengers who have transited other countries before arriving in Ghana, the first country of departure will be the reference point.
*Additional forms and checks before arrival: Travellers are also required by the Government of Ghana to:
• Pay for the on arrival COVID-19 test. It is $150 per passenger. Children under the age of 5 are exempt. Children aged 5 to 12 will be tested free of charge. Details of test below;
• Next complete a health declaration form. You need the code generated by payment for the test to do that. You will also need to complete a separate health declaration form for any children aged 5 to 12. All passengers may also be asked to complete hard copy self-declaration forms on the flight, confirming they are fit to travel and providing details to facilitate contact tracing;
• Generate a Travel Certificate;
• All of these steps are completed online here
*On Arrival: Wear a face-mask at all times at the airport:
• Undergo a temperature check;
• Take a mandatory COVID-19. The test is an antigen fluorescent immunoassay test and it will be conducted before baggage is collected at a cost of $150 per passenger. Payment should be made online prior to boarding. Children under the age of five are exempt. Children aged 5-12 will be tested on arrival free of charge.