En De
Total doses
People fully
% Fully
Pre-travel testing (vaccinated): None
Pre-travel testing (unvaccinated): None
Test on arrival (vaccinated): None
Test on arrival (unvaccinated): None

Full Restrictions:


COVID-19 rules

There are no COVID-19 testing or vaccination requirements for passengers entering Denmark, Greenland or the Faroe Islands.

Passport validity requirements

To travel to Denmark, you must follow the Schengen area passport requirements.

To enter Denmark (and all Schengen countries) your passport must:

  • have a ‘date of issue’ less than 10 years before the date you arrive. Passports issued after 1 October 2018 are now valid for only 10 years, but for passports issued before 1 October 2018, extra months may have been added if you renewed a passport early
  • have an ‘expiry date’ at least 3 months after the day you plan to leave

Contact Denmark’s embassy in the UK if your passport does not meet both these requirements.

Check with your travel provider that your passport and other travel documents meet requirements. Renew your passport if you need to.

You will be denied entry if you do not have a valid travel document, or try to use a passport that has been reported lost or stolen.

Checks at border control

Make sure you get your passport stamped

If you’re a visitor, your passport must be stamped when you enter or leave the Schengen area (which includes Denmark). Border guards will use passport stamps to check you have not overstayed the 90-day visa-free limit for stays in the Schengen area. If your passport was not stamped, border guards will presume you have overstayed the visa-free limit.

If your passport was not stamped, show evidence of when and where you entered or left the Schengen area (for example, boarding passes or tickets) and ask the border guards to add the date and location in your passport.

If you live in Denmark, read the Living in Denmark guide for passport stamping information.

At Danish border control, you may also need to:

  • show a return or onward ticket
  • prove that you have enough money for your stay – the amount varies depending on your accommodation

ID for travel from Denmark to Sweden

If you are travelling from Denmark to Sweden, see information on border control requirements.

Visa requirements

You can travel without a visa to the Schengen area (including Denmark) for up to 90 days in any 180-day period. This applies if you travel:

  • as a tourist
  • to visit family or friends
  • to attend business meetings, cultural or sports events
  • for short-term studies or training

If you’re travelling to Denmark and other Schengen countries without a visa, make sure your whole visit is within the 90-day limit. Visits to Schengen countries in the 180 days before you travel count towards your 90 days.

To stay longer (to work or study, for business travel or for other reasons), you must meet the Danish government’s entry requirements. Check which type of visa or work permit you need with the Danish visa application service.

If you stay in Denmark with a residence permit or long-stay visa, this does not count towards your 90-day visa-free limit.

Applying for a visa

Use the Danish visa application service to apply for a visa.

Visas for Greenland and the Faroe Islands

Greenland and the Faroe Islands are not members of the EU. You do not need a visa to enter for tourism. If you plan to live and work there, you must get a work and residence permit – apply for residence in Greenland or the Faroe Islands.

Vaccination requirements

At least 8 weeks before your trip, check the vaccinations and certificates you need in:

Customs rules

There are strict rules about goods that can be brought into and taken out of Denmark. You can read more information about customs duties from the Danish government. You must declare anything that may be prohibited or subject to tax or duty, including large amounts of cash and valuables.

You cannot take meat, milk or products containing them into EU countries. There are some exceptions for medical reasons, for example certain amounts of powdered infant milk, infant food, or pet food. Check the rules about taking food and drink into the EU on the European Commission website.

It is illegal to import whale products from Greenland or the Faroe islands into the UK or EU. You could be fined up to £5,000 or imprisoned.

Read for ⌚️ 5 minutes 12 seconds