COVID-19 rules and requirements can change at short notice. Confirmation should be sought from the relevant Myanmar Embassy or Consulate well in advance of your departure.
On arrival in Myanmar, foreign travellers are expected to present printed copies of:
- proof of full vaccination with a vaccine recognised by the Ministry of Health (list below) at least 14 days before arrival in the country OR the negative result of a PCR test taken no more than 48 hours before arrival
- COVID-19 medical insurance from Myanma Insurance.
You will also need to complete a health declaration form. This will be provided to you by either your airline or airport authorities.
Children under 12 years old are exempt from the requirement for proof of full vaccination or a negative PCR test result, providing they are travelling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians.
Diplomats, UN officials and their family members do not need to purchase Myanma Insurance and can instead show proof of health insurance from their countries of origin.
The following vaccines are accepted by the Myanmar authorities:
- AstraZeneca or Covishield (AstraZeneca & University of Oxford/ SK BioScience (Korea) / Siam BioScience / Serum Institute of India (SII))
- Pfizer – BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine or Comirnaty (Pfizer Inc & BioNTech)
- Janssen or Johnson & Johnson (Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson and Johnson
- Moderna (ModernaTX, Inc.)
- Sinopharm or COVILO or BIBP-CorV (Beijing Institute of Biological Products Co. Ltd)
- Sputnik V (Gam-COVID-Vac) (Gamaleya National Research Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology)
- Sputnik Light (Gamaleya National Research Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology)
- Covaxin (Bharat Biotech)
- Myancopharm by Ministry of Industry, Myanmar
- Nuvaxovid (NVX-CoV2373) (Novavax Co. Ltd)
- Covovax (Serum Institute of India Pvt Ltd)
- CorBEvax (Biological E Limited)
- Cominarty (BioNTech Manufacturing GmbH)
- Cominarty Original/Omicron BA.1 (BioNTech Manufacturing GmbH)
- Vaxevria (AstraZeneca AB / SK Bioscience Co. Ltd)
- Covishield (Serum Institute of India Pvt Ltd)
- COVID-19 vaccine (Janssen-Cilag International NV)
- Spikevax (Moderna Biotech)
- Convidecia (CanSino Biologics Inc)
Check your passport and travel documents before you travel
Before travel, we advise that all visitors check with their nearest Myanmar Embassy or Consulate to confirm your current visa will allow you entry, or the criteria for obtaining or renewing a visa.
British nationals must apply for a visa to enter Myanmar. If you have any queries about visas or entry requirements you should check with your nearest Myanmar embassy.
You will need a visa to enter or travel through Myanmar as a visitor. You can apply for a tourist visa online.
Applications for business e-visas have now re-started. Applicants need to be sponsored by a registered Myanmar company or a registered Chamber of Commerce Association.
Proof of invitation must be submitted with the visa application in the form of a letter personally addressed to the applicant, along with a copy of the company registration certificate. The letter must state the purpose and timeframe of the visit. The registration status of a company can be found online at Myanmar Companies Online (MyCo). NGOs and INGOs are not eligible to sponsor visas.
Your passport should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of entry into Myanmar.
Check whether you need a yellow fever certificate by visiting the National Travel Health Network and Centre’s TravelHealthPro website.