- Seamen and crew members travelling with a seaman book or letter of work must hold “Pagada” (visa Especial de Marinos/Gente de mar), and obtain an approval from the Panama Maritime Authority (AMP) before departure by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Definition of Fully Vaccinated: Vaccination is not required for travel but if you are fully vaccinated you may face less travel restrictions. Passengers are considered fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if they have received at least 2 doses of a vaccine endorsed by the World Health Organisation (WHO), the European Medicines Agency (EMA), or the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at least 2 weeks prior to travel. 1-dose vaccination with the Johnson and Johnson vaccine or a mix of 2 different vaccines is also accepted.
- Passengers who will leave the international area of the airport and proceed through immigration must hold a negative PCR test certificate within 72 hours prior to departure. Passengers should also hold evidence of a hotel confirmation and confirmation of their next flight ticket. Testing on arrival in Panama is not available for transit passengers.
- All passengers (including diplomats, nationals, residents, tourists, seamen, and crew members) must complete an Electronic Health Declaration (Declaración Jurada De Salud) prior to departure and present the generated QR code on arrival confirming that they have submitted the form. Minors can be included on their parent/guardian's form.
- Unvaccinated passengers: Passengers are advised to hold a negative PCR or antigen test result obtained within 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Vaccinated passengers: Test is not required for passengers who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Other exempt passengers:
- Transit passengers who will transit for less than 12 hours;
- Crew members and humanitarian personnel; or
- Passengers aged younger than 17 years, provided they are accompanied by an adult.
Quarantine and testing requirements
- Unvaccinated passengers: Passengers who do not hold a negative PCR or antigen test obtained within 72 hours prior to arrival will be subject to a test on arrival at an estimated cost of USD $50. If a negative result is received, the passenger will not be required to quarantine. If a positive result is received, the passenger must quarantine for 10 days in a designated hospital at their own expense, or at home if they are a Panamanian national or resident.
- Vaccinated passengers: Test and quarantine is not required for passengers who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.