En De
Total doses
People fully
% Fully
Pre-travel testing (vaccinated): None
Pre-travel testing (unvaccinated): None
Test on arrival (vaccinated): None
Test on arrival (unvaccinated): None

Full Restrictions:


COVID-19 rules

Countries may restrict travel or bring in rules at short notice. Check with your travel company or airline for changes.

If you test positive for COVID-19, you may need to stay where you are until you test negative. You may also need to seek treatment there.

Visit TravelHealthPro (from the UK Health Security Agency) for generalCOVID-19 advicefor travellers.

Travel to Canada

There are no COVID-19 testing or vaccination requirements for passengers entering Canada. Avoid travelling if you have symptoms of COVID-19. See the Government of Canada’s website for more information on COVID-19 and travel.

Public spaces and services

The Government of Canada recommends that all travellers wear a face mask on public transport.

You may be asked to wear a face mask indoors, such as in hospitals or on public transport. You may need proof of vaccination to visit settings such as care homes.

Local authorities in Canada can introduce restrictions or measures at short notice. Comply with the rules and advice of the local authorities. Check the COVID-19 guidance for each province and territory.

Passport validity requirements

Your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay.

Visa requirements

Most people need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada – not both.

You do not need a visa for short visits (normally up to six months). You will need an eTA instead. Check entry requirements and find out if you need a visa or an eTA for your visit using this tool.

You may need to provide fingerprints and photos at a visa application centre to apply for permanent residence or a study or work permit. Find out if you need to give biometrics. If you do need to give biometrics, see the list of biometrics collection points.

When you arrive, you must show that you have enough funds to support yourself during your stay, even if you are staying with family or friends.

Contact Canada’s High Commission in the UK if you are unsure about visa requirements or your eligibility to enter the country, for example, if you have a criminal record or have been arrested.

Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA)

You must get an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) to enter or transit Canada by air, unless you’re exempt. Read the list of exemptions on the ETA website. If you enter Canada by land or sea, you don’t need an eTA. However, you must travel with acceptable travel documents and identification.

If you have British-Canadian dual nationality, you cannot apply for an eTA. You need a valid Canadian passport instead.

The eTA website has information about the eTA system and how to apply.

Visa and eTA scams

Some unauthorised websites charge for submitting visa applications. These websites are not associated with the Government of Canada.

If you think you may have been a victim of a scam, use the eTA Check Status tool to confirm if your eTA is valid. If it has been 72 hours since you applied, and you have not received a confirmation of your application, complete this enquiry form.

Transiting through Canada

You must have a valid Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) to transit Canada, unless you are exempt.

If you have questions, contact:

Find out more about transiting Canada.

Travelling with children

If only one parent is present, carry a letter of consent from the non-travelling parent. Immigration officers have the right to question children using simple and appropriate language to see if there are any concerns about child abduction.

For further information, check with Canada’s High Commission in the UK or the Canada Border Services Agency.

Customs rules

There are strict rules about goods that can be taken into - and out - of Canada. You must declare anything that may be prohibited or subject to tax or duty.

Banned food products will be confiscated and you could be fined. Check the Canadian Food Inspection Agency website for more information.

If you visited a farm, or had contact with wild animals before entering Canada, and intend to visit a farm during your stay, you must complete the relevant section in your Customs Declaration Card. For more information, see the Government of Canada’s website on biosecurity.

Read for ⌚️ 5 minutes 48 seconds